Sunday, July 17, 2011

Girl Scout Camp!

I am the Daisy leader for the girl scouts.  So Lindsay, Aubrey, and I all went to Girl Scout Camp this year at the youth camp up at Meeks Cabin.  We had a blast!  It was a bit of a challenge, because I was a leader, and was only able to be with my girls part of the time.  I wish I could have spent the whole time with them.  It was so fun and calm and relaxing!  Some of the fun things we did were:  tie dye aprons, zumba dance, fire building, recipe boxes, brownies in a jar mix, campfire songs, s'mores, table settings, skits, homemade ice cream, campfires you can eat, the list goes on and on!  It was so fun! 

  Roasting marshmallows


  I brought some presents up for Lindsay's birthday.  She was so excited to get some Nintendo DS games that she wanted!

  Aubrey and her buddy Kynlie Condos

  Silly Face!

  Everyone singing happy birthday to my sweet Linds!

Shaking her homemade ice cream!



  Aubrey's group building a fire


  Lindsay's group building a fire


  Zumba Dance!







  Making their brownies in a jar!




For Lindsay's birthday, I took a small cake up there to eat, just her and Aubrey and I.  This is a picture of her eating a piece of her "watermelon" cake.  :)

  We had to do these skits.  For our skit, I found a cute idea called "The Ugliest Man in the World".  It's like a carnival event, one of the girls announced at the beginning to come and see the ugliest man in the world!  Each girl looks under the blanket, screams, and falls over dead.  When the last girl looks under the blanket, the person under the blanket screams and falls over dead.  It was cute and funny!








  All of my cute daisies taking a bow with me after the skit.
  Lindsay's group's skit was really funny.  Each girl would bring an item up to Lindsay and show it to her.  She would scream and jump and throw a fit while saying "NO that's NOT IT!!!"  for each item.  And the last girl brought up a roll of toilet paper and she said "YES!  THAT'S IT!"  and ran away to the bathroom.  It was funny too, and man Lindsay really got into the part too!  She could be an actress! :) (that or she has thrown one too many fits at home, lol)





No comments:

Post a Comment