Monday, February 23, 2009

Sometimes I need to take a step back....



And learn to let the small things go, and learn to enjoy the little things with my kids. You see, stress and I don't mix. I am on medication for my anxiety it's that bad. Tonight I went to the doctor for this awful cold I have. My girls were with me. It was quite the doctor visit, Aubrey is a very silly little girl and she is so rambunctious and sometimes I swear I just need to turn her ears on.




I was frustrated with them then.

Then we had to go fill my prescription.

What a nightmare trying to fill it with two waiting girls at 5pm on a monday night right before the drug store closes. We thought we would go rent some movies while they filled the 50 people's prescription in front of us.

Aubrey was quite the little stinker in the movie store.

I was not happy.

The drug store was even worse, we went back and try to contain two little restless girls for a half an hour--what a joke.

I was NOT a happy mommy when we left. I took the movies away and was just NOT HAPPY, lol.

It was 5:45, I am sick, and I did not want to cook. So we went and got some frozen dinners from the store (my girls thought that was AWESOME--see we never get to buy those things! )
We got home and I was outside longer than the girls unloading the groceries. The girls exitedly ran in carrying their "tv dinners". I came in the house and heard a noise and thought "what in the world is running, I should not have the dryer or washer running right now".

It was the microwave.

All of that madness melted away when I saw that box of "tv dinners" in the microwave cooking for 30 seconds. Aubrey Jo put the whole thing in, box and all, unopened, and pushed the one button she knew works on the microwave- the 30 second button. It was so unbelievably cute to me, and I realized how perfect those sweet little girls I have are, and sometimes I just need to take a step back and realize I need to not let the little things get me so frazzled.

They are beautiful. They are perfect. They are my sweet sweet girls. After all who can be mad at this face?




No comments:

Post a Comment