
I went in a couple of weeks ago for a routine dentist visit. I was going to get a small filling filled. Dr. Clifford gave me the numbing shot, and things were going smoothly. My mouth went numb, and he came in to do the filling. I was feeling my cheek and it felt awful big to me. I asked them about it, and they said "Oh no, it's just the numbness, everyone thinks their cheek is swollen" after feeling my cheek, I told them I really thought it was swollen. They took one look at me and realized it was indeed swollen. From that moment it was a bit of panic mode, they thought I might be allergic to the numbing shot--which I have never had problems with before, so they decided that they must have hit a capillary, which in short is a blood vessel. What happened is my cheek was bleeding inside. He put pressure on my cheek and some ice to stop the bleeding. I had a huge cheek for about a week, and then it started bruising. Now 2 weeks later the bruise is still there, but it is almost gone and the swelling is gone! yay! I am unique, only the 2nd time he has seen that happen in his career. It was quite the awful 2 weeks filled with doctor visits and many people asking me what happened to my cheek...but alas we are almost over it and it's quite the story to tell! :)


No comments:
Post a Comment