Wednesday, January 27, 2010

My Little Bookworm

Lindsay has loved reading ever since she learned how to read in Kindergarten. It was amazing, she just really took off with it. I have many people ask me what I did to get her interested in reading--NOTHING--I did nothing. She just loves it all on her own. I am amazed daily at her ability to read.

We got her report card and we were just amazed at what it said. At the end of the year she should be reading at the rate of 90 words per minute--well here halfway through the year she is reading at 179 words per minute...also she should be at reading mastery level 3 lesson 41 by the end of the year and she's at leve 3 lesson 104 right now halfway through! She's a reading machine! :)

She has earned awards for her reading. Last year she was one of two first graders who got a 2nd grade award for reading ever. They had never handed that award out to first graders. This year she is once again doing great and reading like crazy. I am such a proud momma! She has received her 1st samurai the first quarter, and the 2nd samurai the 2nd quarter, and working on her third.

She got an award on December 7th for being an advanced reader.






We borrowed 4 books from my nieces, and she read all four books in a day and a half!















I just love that she loves to read so much. I am definitely very VERY proud of my sweet little Linds, she is just so smart! :)

1 comment: