Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Corn Chowder

Okay I made this "corn chowder" in my crock pot last night. Well it's more of a stew type of meal than a soup, but everyone said it was really good (I am on a diet and cannot eat it, dang it) so I thought I'd share the recipe for it on here (for you peg! :)















1 pkg bacon
1 onion
4-5 small potatoes diced
1 can cream style corn
small bag of carrots diced
4-5 celery stalks diced
lg bag of frozen corn
3 cups half & half--(or 1 1/2 cups cream and 1 1/2c milk)
1 1/2c grated cheddar cheese
1t salt
1t pepper
1t seasoned salt

Cut the bacon into bite size pieces and fry in a pan with the onion. When it's about done, add the potatoes and fry on the stove for about 5 more minutes. Place the mixture in crock pot and add the rest of the ingredients except the cheese. Cook on high 4 hours or low 6-7 hrs. In the last hour add the cheese.

Optional items could be a can of clams for clam corn chowder, or we think polish sausage would be yummy in it too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment