Wednesday, September 15, 2010

9 of the best years of my life

    

9 years ago, I married my absolute best friend in the whole world!  It has been the best 9 years of my life, and I am so lucky to have such a wonderful man for my husband!  I wanted to write some things today on what I love about Joe.  I did this scrapbook page about it, but I really want to elaborate on all of the things I love about him.

1.  You're such a good daddy
Joe is the absolute hands down best daddy there is in the whole world.  He absolutely loves both of our girls SO much!  I love how he wants to be here and see them every day.  When he was working up in the oil field, he was adamant that he did not want to stay up there, because he would not get to see his girls every day.  One of the most important things to him is to be the best dad to those two sweet girls that he can be.  He is so much more than I could ever dream of having for a daddy of my kids.  He wants to be there to every game they play, every program that they have, he is very involved in their life and really truly loves them so much and wants to be an important role in their life, and he is!  

2. Your Patience
Joe has the patience of a saint.  It takes a lot for him to get upset.  With our girls, sometimes I want him to be intimidating to them, but he rarely is.  My mom has told me before, and he is totally like this, he is so patient, when the girls are upset and fighting and whining, he calmly takes them and calmly asks them what the problem is, and he explains to them all different sides of it and has so much patience and he doesn't get mad!

3. You are so caring
This is kind of a repeat of all that I have said about joe.  He is always so caring, he is the first to just hug me if I have had a bad day.  He really does care so much about all of the family and I love that everyone is such an important part of his life. 

4. You are supportive
I love that I can talk to him about anything.  He is truly my best friend and he is always always always there for me.  No matter what I decide to do, he is always there standing by my side supporting me.  I know no matter what I do, he will always back me up. 

5. You work so hard for us
That pretty much says it all.  He works so hard for our family.  He was raised well, and raised to not be lazy and have a great work ethic.  For many years he worked in the oilfield and a lot of the days he would wake up at 3:30 am to leave, and not get home until 9pm.  He worked most days and rarely had a day off.  He did it for us.  He did not do it because he liked it, because I can tell you that nobody will love their job if they have to work all the time and not get much time off.  He did it for our family, because he loves us.  I cannot express enough how much I appreciate him and everything he does for our family.  

6. Your Wisdom
Joe is sooooo wise.  He has always been so smart.  He has always seemed a lot older and more mature than his age.  He has always been so good at everything he does.  He can figure just about anything out.  If he wants to do it, he really can. 

7. You are so witty
Joe is always so funny.  He loves to tease my mom.  He has always been so quick with comebacks and he has a great wit about him that comes so naturally to him.  I love that about him! 

8. You refuse to fight with me
I think this is the one thing that makes us so strong together.  It all plays back to your wisdom.  From the beginning of our marriage I was all full of spitfire and I wanted to fight with you sometimes.  You never would.  You taught me from the beginning that if I am upset, you will not talk to me until I calm down and can talk to you about it.  This is the absolute best advice I can give to ANYONE.  It really makes you step back and be mature and talk about things like adults.  We don't fight!  hardly EVER! 

9. How you can fix anything
You are so good at everything you do!  No matter what it is, you can fix everything!  If anything breaks in the house, I never worry about it, because you figure out how to fix it!  One example I have of this is one year we got lindsay a leapster for her birthday.  She left it outside (on her birthday) and it rained.  I went out and it was soaking wet and dead.  It was NOT a cheap gift.  I was so upset and sick to my stomach.  You patiently sat at the kitchen table and disassembled the leapster, and you took a q-tip and cleaned off all of the corrosion on the inside of it, and put it back together.  it took you a really long time, but when you got it all back together it WORKED!  I was simply amazed, and blown away by your patience to fix it.  You have always been really good at whatever you do.  I am always so proud of you.  

10. You never complain about helping
I always feel bad about it, but I always schedule your days off, and you always are willing to help.  If I need you to keep the girls you never complain.  You even cook dinner sometimes and surprise me.  You are so willing to help out.

Joe, you are my partner, my best friend in the whole world, and I cannot express how much I love you and respect you and am so proud of you every single day.  I think the world of you and nobody in my eyes could ever compare to you--you are the one person I think the most highly of and I am so happy and so lucky to have you as my husband and partner.  I am so blessed and I love you so so so very much!!!

1 comment:

  1. Love it! So happy for you and your family.

    Say some prayers to send one of these great guys my way!! :)

    ReplyDelete