In life, you have a handful of people who really make an impact on your life, and help mold you to who you are today. A lot of people affect you, but only a small handful really have a big enough impact to influence you immensely. 16 year...s ago today, I lost one of the biggest influential people in my life. My grandpa, Robert L Bluemel, was one of the few people that molded me into who I am today. I can't even begin to explain how much I miss him, and love him, and wish he was still here with us. He taught me how to be tough, how to get back on when you fall off, he kicked me in the butt when I did stupid things, he taught me how to drive (at a very young age) he taught me how to work, yet have fun. He was there, no matter what time of day, he was our endless supply of money when we needed some, our endless ride to and from things, Give him a call and he'd be there. He loved us. He didn't care that my mom would get mad when he'd throw an entire cup full of water at you across the kitchen, he didn't care that grandma would get mad when the roads were flooded and we'd roll down the windows and drive as fast as we can through the water soaking the inside of the car. He also didn't care that an ice cream sundae was so not worth us shoveling out the entire barn full of horse crap that took us the entire day to do but we thought it was a serious treat. He taught us how to work, how to play, how to ride, and how to not be scared and not be a sissy. He also took us on drives on every back road known to man, driving 30 mph whether he was on the highway or dirt road, he didn't care and wasn't in a hurry to go anywhere. I have good memories driving around with him listening to garth brooks together. I can't drive past devils slide without thinking of him, or under the orange balls hanging on the power lines in Utah without thinking of him telling me if we fall asleep in the car they'll drop down on us to wake us up, or the pole holding the mountain up on the way to Utah. I was so sad to see twinkies go away because that's what you're supposed to buy when someone gets stuck. It has to be twinkies, because that's grandpa's tradition. I just miss him a lot, and want his memory to live on, and people to know how great he was. He was fun, mischevious, annoying when he'd pull out front every day and honk his horn until we came to the door, but we LOVED him. I miss him terribly, and so wish he was here for my girls to meet him. I love you grandpa, not a single day goes by that I don't think of you or miss you, and wish I could hug you and tell you how much I love you, and thank you for teaching me so much and always being there for me. ♥ I love you grandpa!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment