Saturday, February 23, 2013

gEoRgE sTrAiT














Ever since I was a girl, I loved George Strait's music, but when I started dating Joe, we always listened to George together.  The song that we were dancing to when I was 15 and at a high school dance was a song by George Strait, called "Carried Away"  This is our song.  I had George's box set of cd's, and loved the music, mostly the classic stuff.  I have a big list of favorites, because quite honestly, how do you choose a favorite George Strait song when there are so many awesome ones?  Joe and I have always said that before we die, we want to go see George Strait in concert.  It has never worked out, it was always too far away, and we didn't have the extra money to spend on that.  So, this fall, when we both heard on the radio at separate times that George was coming to Salt Lake City, and that he had announced that this would be his last tour, we both said to each other "We have to go".  We logged in online and looked at ticket prices and about choked...but then we realized that they hadn't even begun selling tickets yet.  The scalper sites were selling them for outrageous amounts.  I counted down the seconds on the day ticket sales opened, and hat awesome seats in my cart for a good price, and the stupid site messed up and would not let my order go through.  I panicked, called them, but by the time I could get through they had sold my good seats.  We were able to get seats though, in the upper bowl also known as the nosebleed section at the Delta Center (also known now as the Energy Solutions Arena).  But we were still excited, we had tickets to go see George Strait!  It was the most amazing concert I have ever been to, I will never forget it!  We also got to see Martina McBride as well.  She was amazing too!  I am so glad that we went, and were able to cross off one thing off our "bucket" list! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment